Conditions for Passangers
Each regular and irregular domestic and international transport of passenger, baggage and cargo is operated in accordance with the “Detailed transport conditions for passengers, baggage and cargo in air transport”. The following information is of a general character and does not contain all the conditions under which passenger transport is implemented by Slovak airline companies. Some conditions mentioned below may vary from company to company.
We recommend that passengers book a seat in the aircraft sufficiently in advance. Seat reservations are made at sales offices of Slovak airlines and in individual travel agencies; seat bookings are free of charge. The seat is fixedly booked after the valid ticket for the given flight has been made out. Slovak airlines usually do not guarantee that travellers will be allocated a certain chosen seat in the aircraft.
If passengers are unable to make use of a booked seat, we recommend that they request cancellation as soon as possible. Passengers may cancel a booked seat up to the data of the limit agreed upon making the reservation. Such a cancellation is free of charge. If passengers fail to contact the airline company by the given limit, the reservation is automatically cancelled.
In the case of cancellation of a seat when a ticket has already been made out, this cancellation must be made usually at the latest 2 hours before departure. In this case a selected cancellation fee may be charged for non-use or cancellation of a fixedly booked seat, under the conditions stipulated by the prescription of the transport company or the relevant tariff.
Validity of Ticket
The ticket is valid for one year from the day of commencement of the journey and if none of the flight coupons has been used is valid from day on which the ticket is made out unless the conditions of the tariff used stipulate a shorter period. Each flight coupon provides authorisation for transport on the day and for the flight for which the seat was reserved. If the ticket is made out without a flight date, a seat can be booked for the passenger only according to the space and baggage capacities of the requested flight.
In the case of theft, falsification or loss of a flight ticket, a duplicate of the original ticket can be made out for the passenger. The passenger is however obliged to pay costs in connection with duplication and must also guarantee in writing that he or she will reimburse any damages and losses, which may ensue from abuse of the original document to Slovak airlines.
Taxes and Fees
In addition to transport costs, passengers are obliged to pay further fees and taxes. Airport taxes in the Slovak Republic are paid upon compilation of the ticket or PTA.
Before the actual flight we recommend that passengers check the validity of their passports, ensure they have all the required travel and healthcare documents and that they have all the passport, visa and healthcare formalities prescribed by the country of departure, transfer and arrival. Slovak airlines are not responsible for fulfilling the aforementioned obligations. At the same time the airline company is authorised to check all travel documents and appurtenances.
Passenger Check-in before Departure
Passengers must check in and fulfil all the required formalities and check-in procedures in a timely manner, no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure. If passengers do not check in on time, do not have the required documents or are not in a fit state to fly, Slovak airlines have the right to cancel the booked seat.
Passengers with Special Conditions
Passengers travelling with special conditions are transported according to conditions stipulated by the transport company. Transport of passengers who due to physical or mental health or age are at risk of damage to health or other damage, takes place under the condition that Slovak airlines bear no responsibility for such damage to health or items which these passengers are carrying.
- Ill passengers and passengers with impaired mobility – transport must be agreed and confirmed in advance by Slovak airlines. At the same time it is necessary to submit on the prescribed form confirmation of the attending physician that the passenger is fit to fly.
- Children – must travel only accompanied by a person older than 12 years of age. Children aged 8 to 12 years may travel alone on the condition that Slovak airlines obtain written assurance on the prescribed form that the children will be accompanied by an adult person at the airport and that another adult person will wait for the children at the destination airport.
- Expectant mothers – transport of pregnant women requires submission of a written confirmation of the attending physician stated on the prescribed form that the woman may fly without risk. Flying is not recommended after the 34th week of pregnancy; this takes place only at the own risk of the woman and child, for which Slovak airlines accept no responsibility. The company also has the right to refuse to transport pregnant women after this period.
The forms prescribed for transport of passengers under special conditions are available at sales offices of Slovak airlines.
Mobile Phones and Electronic Equipment
For safety reasons, use of mobile telephones and other electronic equipments (notebook, DVD player, etc.) is forbidden on board aircrafts of Slovak airlines when take off and landing.
Slovak airlines may use another type of aircraft or be replaced with another transport company without prior notification. For serious reasons (weather conditions, technical reasons etc.) a flight may be delayed, terminated or redirected without the company bearing any responsibility other than the responsibility to provide passengers with transport by other aircrafts or other means of transport, or to return the price of the travel costs.
Flight schedules may be altered without prior notification, in which Slovak airlines are not responsible for indirect and subsequent damages.
Change of Transport
In the case of a missed connection or redirection of a flight for reasons not caused by passenger, the passenger will be provided with replacement transport or returned the travel costs.
In the case that a passenger who is booked onto a flight is not allowed to fly for reasons of insufficient capacity, this passenger will be provided with appropriate compensation as stipulated by the prescriptions of Slovak airlines.
If a flight is cancelled or missed as a result of circumstances beyond the control of Slovak airlines and the airline company is not capable of providing a seat booked in advance, if a passenger cannot depart at a final destination or destination stipulated in advance, or if circumstances cause the passenger to miss a reserved connection, the airline company is obliged either:
- to transport the passenger by a regular flight on which there is a free space available,
- to redirect the passenger to the final destination indicated on the ticket or onto the valid section of a regular flight, to transport the passenger by a regular flight of another air transport company, or to provide the passenger with land transport. If the amount for travel costs, payment for excess baggage and other services in connection with the change of the journey exceeds the value of the price paid for the ticket or part thereof, the airline company will not request any additional travel or other fees and will pay the passenger the difference in the case that the travel costs and charges are lower,
- to return a paid ticket in accordance with the conditions of the Detailed transport conditions for passengers, baggage and cargo and will have no further obligations to the passenger;
Slovak Airlines are not responsible for errors and omissions in the flight schedule and other information provided by an employee or agent of the transport company about dates and times of departures and arrivals and about operation of aircrafts, with the exception of cases in which the transport company is aware that damage will probably occur due to such conduct or omission.
Permition of Articles into the Cabin of the Aircraft
Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into the security restricted area and the cabin of an aircraft
a) Guns, Firearms and Weapons – Any object capable, or appearing capable, of discharging a projectile or causing injury, including:
- All firearms (Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles, Shotguns etc.)
- Replica and imitation firearms
- Component parts of firearms (excluding telescopic sighting and sights)
- Air pistols, rifles and pellet guns
- Signal flare pistols
- Toy guns of all types
- Ball Bearing Guns
- Industrial Bolt and Nail Guns
- Cross bows
- Harpoon and Spear Guns
- Animal Humane Killers
- Stun or shocking devices, e. g. cattle prods, ballistic conducted energy weapons (taser)
- Lighters shaped lik a firearm
b) Pointed/edged Weapons and Sharp Objects – Pointed or bladed articles capable of causing injuries, including:
- Axes and hatches
- Arrows and darts
- Harpoons and spears
- Ice axes and ice picks
- Ice skates
- Lockable or flick knives with blades of any length
- Knives, including ceremonial knives with blades of more than 6 cm, made of metal or any other material strong enough to be used as a weapon
- Meat cleavers
- Open razors and blades (excluding safety or disposable razors with blades enclosed in cartridge)
- Sabres, Swords and swordstiks
- Scissors with blades more than 6 cm in length
- Ski and Walking/Hiking pole
- Throwing stars
- Tradesman´s tools that have the potential to be used as a pointed or edged weapon e.g. drills and drill bits, box cutters, utility knives, all saw screwdrivers, crowbars, hammers, pliers, wrenches/spanners, blow torches
c) Blunt instruments – Any blunt instrument capable of causing injury, including:
- Baseball and softball bats
- Clubs or batons – rigid or flexible – e. g. billy clubs, blackjacks, night sticks and batons
- Golf Clubs
- Hockey sticks
- Kayak and Canoe paddles
- Billiard, snooker and pool cues
- Fishing rods
- Martial arts equipment e. g. knuckle dusters, clubs, coshes, rice flails, num chucks, kubatons, kubasuants
d) Explosive and flammable Substances – Any explosive or highly combustible substances which poses risk to the health of passengers and crew or the security/safety of aircraft or property, including:
- Blasting caps
- Detonator and fuses
- Explosive and explosive devices
- Replica or imitation explosive material or devices
- Mines and other explosive military stores
- Grenades of all types
- Gas and gas containers e. g. butane, propane, acetylene, oxygen – in large volume
- Fireworks, flares in all forms and other pyrotechnics including party poppers and toy caps
- Non safety matches
- Smoke generating canisters or cartridges
- Flammable liquid fuel e. g. petrol/gasoline, diesel, lighter fluid, alcohol, ethanol
- Aerosol spray paint
- Turpentine and paint thinner
- Alcoholic beverages exceeding 70 % by volume (140 % proof)
e) Chemical and Toxic Substances – Any chemical or toxic substances which poses a risk to the health of passengers and crew or the security/safety of aircraft or property, including:
- Acids and Alkalis e. g. spillable “wet” batteries
- Corrosive or bleaching substances – e. g. mercury, chlorine
- Disabling or incapacitating sprays – e. g. mace, pepper spray, tear gas
- Infectious or biological hazardous material – e. g. infected blood, bacteria, viruses
- Material capable of spontaneous ignition or combustion
- Fire extinguishers
Articles Prohibited from Hold Baggage
The following articles shall not be placed in hold baggage:
- Explosives, including detonators, fuses, mines and explosives
- Gases: Propane, Butane
- Flammable liquids, including gasoline, methanol
- Flammable solids and reactive substances, including magnesium, firelights, fireworks, flares
- Oxidisers and organic peroxides, including bleach, car body repair kits
- Toxic or infectious substances, including rat poison, infected blood
- Radioactive material, including medicinal or commercial isotopes
- Corrosive, including mercury, vehicle batteries
- Vehicle fuel system components have fuel